1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would the equinox just hurry up already!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxer, Feb 17, 2008.

1. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I live far enough south that winter weather is rarely an issue, but I'm still about ready to run off to a tropical island somewhere and open a beach bar. The sense of cabine fever is almost overwhelming.

I've had the Beach Boys' "Kokomo" running through my head for weeks now. I spent several hours this afternoon/evening watching Jimmy Buffett videos on youtube and I'm really not even a parrothead.

I haven't decided whether to head for the Caribbean or South Pacific, but I think I'll call the bar "Somewhere." Every day at 5 p.m. will be the start of a killer happy hour, and we can make T-shirts with the slogan "The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."

Anybody want to join in? I could use some investors.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I would kill for that right now. It's rained here for three of the past five days, and two of them have made it feel like monsoon season.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It was 65 here today, but it wont get above 40 today.

4. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

We had an ice storm this morning, washed away by rain when it got up to 46. Tomorrow night it will be in the single digits again. Only a month to go before the equinox. It can NOT get here soon enough up here in the Mitten.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

This morning
    I shot six holes in my freezer
    I think I got cabin fever
    Somebody sound the alarm

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

High of 72º on Friday.

Right now it's 32º.

Supposed to get back up to the high 60s by Wednesday.

I'm having an equinox and a solstice all wrapped in one.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Ain't the Caribbean, but come on down here and I'll open a bar with you. It's raining today, but I played golf on Friday and basketball (outdoors) yesterday. Don't miss winter weather much at all. 8)

8. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I recently made the move back north. For the last two years, I've lived in an area where winter lasted three weeks, and the low never dropped below 25. Now I'm back up here, where winter lasts for ast least a month after the equinox and spring doesn't really hit its stride until sometime in late April/early May. It's not that bad; I just have to get used to it again.

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

70s here the past couple of weeks ... but I'm there anyway.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Knowing where you live, multiple people in the north would like to kill you for the 70 degree weather you had today. Though, I am with you and wish it would hurry up and be warm all the time.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I drove through a town today and the electronic sign said it was 91. I didn't get out of my car. But it's cold now, about three hours north of there.

Draft saved Draft deleted