1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would Michigan get your AP vote?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ADifferentOkie, Sep 5, 2007.

1. The French, seeing your capital letters and exclamation points, have offered their unconditional surrender.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Okay, got a good laugh out of that one. Thank you.

3. Sycamores almost beat 'em. All they needed was seven more touchdowns.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Woo hoo! This is Indiana State's year. I can feel it :D

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, it wouldn't. A top 25 team had never lost to a Division I-AA opponent before Michigan. The fact that it wasn't Hawaii, Rutgers, TCU or some other random team at the bottom of the poll is the real upset here.

Teams like Michigan do not lose to I-AA opponents at home, before 110,000 fans, every day. We know this, because Michigan and App State both made history this past week. But in every conference, Kansas might beat Nebraska, Northwestern might stun Michigan, North Carolina could upset the Canes, etc.

As someone who views polls as a weekly snapshot to the best teams in America, I tossed Michigan out of the top 25. Didn't think twice about it. Breaking this three-game losing streak (giving up 108 points to Ohio State, Southern Cal and App State) won't be easy against Oregon.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I just don't see any logic at all in ranking Michigan. I was stunned when I saw those 39 points.

They would have to do A LOT to get back into any poll I did.

7. boots

boots New Member

It was one loss. The Wolverines are going to run the table. They got my vote.

8. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

Michigan, right now, does not deserve a vote.
    Sure, they'll probably move back into the poll before its all said and done, but not this week. no way, no how.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'll admit, Boots, Michigan's full body of work can overcome that loss.

No ... wait a minute ... THAT WAS ITS ONLY FUCKING GAME!

Ridiculous.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Wow, you're more optimistic than I am about their chances. But, that said, they still could be a good team.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hell, KU could run the table with the easy schedule that they got. I should vote for them.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, 10-2 in the Big Ten wouldnt be good enough. That's just fucked up. If USC lost to Idaho, that would be OK because IDaho is IA....

Draft saved Draft deleted