1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would Michigan get your AP vote?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ADifferentOkie, Sep 5, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I disagree with the premise that any I-AA team is better than half of the I-A team. I would never in a million years make that argument about Montana, and it's the second ranked I-AA team in the country.

99 times out of a hundred, Appy State loses that game. There's a reason that so few I-AA teams beat I-A teams every year. They're no where near as good as the vast majority of I-A teams.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Says the man who hates Michigan.

3. sportschick

They played LSU two years ago.

4. What I'm saying is, you could vote for Michigan if you thought they were one of the 25 best teams in the country, and either Appy just won a fluke, or was a really, really good team.
    I don't think that's the case, but obviously some do.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Appy's a good team, but sometimes you catch the wrong team on the right day.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Ture. And they were shut out by them.
    They also played Hawii, Marshall, Wyoming, Kansas and NC State. Never did they put up more than 17 points, and in the games they got to 17, they gave up 40 and 50.

7. OK, so they're probably not better than half the I-A teams. My post was more of a slam against Indiana. ;)

8. sportschick

Now that, I can concur with. The Hoosiers are terrible.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ok, if I'm understanding you correctly, if Michigan wins out and goes 11-1, it shouldn't be ranked because the loss to Appy means it's not one of the top 25 teams? That's nuts.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Sorry, then. My bad. DOWN WITH INDIANA. SELL IT TO FRANCE!!!

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe it also means this year's team is much better than in other years.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Actually, not true. They were winless against I-A teams that aren't Wake Forest. Not that Wake Forest, before last year, was much of a I-A team.

Draft saved Draft deleted