1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would Ace have killed Chris Chambers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Was Ace's real name Kenoy Kennedy?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It was way more than 12 years, pal. It had to be at least 25. The kids were 12 then, and both Chris and Gordie graduated college -- Chambers went through law school, which adds another three years, we'll say. So that's 10 years until college graduation, and he's 25 by the end of law school; that's 13 years. Gordie, who's writing at the end of the movie, has at least one kid, about 12 years old. The addition brings it to 25 years, and that's assuming the kid's born when Gordie's 25.

Scrubs comes on in 18 minutes. Shouldn't you be getting ready for it now?

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't know if Ace kills him, but i bet Jack Bauer does.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Or maybe he never exists. ...

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that was fucking deep.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's dedication to the craft like that that makes me wonder how you ever got laid in the first place.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Geography. I miss high school and college. It takes too much effort now.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

For you? Or for them?

I'm gonna bet them.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's become quite the task to tear me away from my Super Nintendo.

10. Habeas Corpus

Habeas Corpus Member

I always wondered what happened right after the movie. After Gordy puts him in his place, Ace says something like "This isn't over yet." They all still lived in the same small town. Ace was still a cheap, dime store hood. Was there ever any retribution? Ace seems like the stereotypical meathead that wouldn't let something like having a gun pointed at him by a kid just slide by.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I am ashamed to admit I haven't read Different Seasons, but I think Ace beats the ever-holy shit out of Gordie.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, they obviously weren't severely hurt. They all lived into their late 30s, until Chris was stabbed in the throat. The features I watched tonight mentioned something about the Yankees hat Ace steals from Gordie early in the move -- the one Denny gave him. And the actors asked Rob Reiner, the director, what happened to the hat. He said, "Ace threw it away once they turned the corner. It didn't mean anything to him." But nothing was mentioned about the altercation's repercussions.

Draft saved Draft deleted