1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst weekly article ever?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Game of Shadoes Stevens, May 19, 2008.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Nicely played.

Even though I'm not that far from Buffalo, I'd never heard of this paper. I wish it had stayed that way ...

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Maybe the bookie is just as stupid as the guy who wrote this blog and doesn't charge any juice.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

There's a guy in Eastern North Carolina that I could totally see writing this column, outside of the hooters references, because of the tone, language, etc.... So that made this even funnier for me.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Just one guy? Shoot, I can think of more than that. ;D

5. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I actually felt my brow ridge getting lower and jutting out while reading that. Then, I nearly tripped over my knuckles when I got up from the chair.

I'm suddenly hankering for a bronto burger

6. silvercharm

silvercharm Member

Actually, you have to hit about 52.5 percent to break even with a 10 percent vig. For example, if you made 100 $100 wagers and hit 53 percent, you would profit $130. $5300 in wins, $5170 in losses.

7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I laughed at this for a solid 10 minutes.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

for the love of christ did i ever laugh 'til i cried when i read that.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Well, I'll give this sexist moron one thing: He's found a good way to make sure NO parent asks him to write a story about their son or daughter. Would you want him writing about how your daughters' hooters bounce as she rounds the bases?

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Thanks for explaining that to me. I always assumed 60 percent was the over/under.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Man. Here's to hoping he actually DOES show up for the women's game and all the players are waiting to stomp on his back with their cleats.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And do NOT let Flash read this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted