1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Super Bowl player of all time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 9, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True, but I think that one pales in comparison with Jerramy Stevens giving Joey Porter the excuse he needed to go off before Super Bowl XL. His initial comments really weren't that bad and Porter really didn't do much in the game, but Stevens compounded his mistake with a couple of big drops early on. He did catch a touchdown later, but he stunk most of that game.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Jerramy Stevens definitely up on the goat list.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Please don't ever put Joey Porter in a favorable comparason with the great Jack Lambert.

4. outofplace

I wasn't, though I'll never understand your dislike for the guy.

I was comparing Jerramy Stevens unfavorably to Cliff Harris. Taunting of Gerela aside, Harris was a hell of a player. Stevens was a stiff who got alligator arms on the big stage.

5. 93Devil

I was more joking with that post.

But give me one Jack Ham over Porter and Lloyd combinied any freaking day.

6. outofplace

I just remember you not caring much for Porter.

Agreed on Ham, obviously. Very deserving Hall of Famer compared to two guys who will never get in that conversation.

7. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Garo Yepremian.

8. 93Devil

Back on track...

How about Fran Tarkington, SB IX?

11 of 26, 102 yards and three picks.

One safety as well.

He is a HOF QB. Not an average player like some of these others (Woodley, Eason).

9. outofplace

True, but I think the argument that came up with Eason also applies here. Tough to slam the guy for having that kind of day against the Steelers' defense.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Tarkenton definitely for his VIII, IX and XI performances in total is way up there.

But, sounding like a refrain, I'm gonna also add that the Steelers' defense became the dominant five-year unit that day. All of them young and hungry and pissed. Tarkenton was never good, though, on that stage.

11. I'm going with Tony Lilly (No. 22) the safety for the Broncos, who can be seen chasing multiple Redskins to the end zone

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Or Ron Jaworski...

Draft saved Draft deleted