1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Sporting event you've attended???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

If no one can hear the starting gun, how do they know when to start? Do they wave a flag like NASCAR?

2. Slash

Slash Member

I was there, too. My first NFL game. The cause of the delay wasn’t just the rain but tornadoes and lightning in the area. They encouraged fans to take cover, in the breezeways, but we were in the end zone near the field and the aisle was jammed with people trying to make their way up. We sat there drinking large beers hoping we didn’t get struck by lightning. Even though I was drenched, I had fun. Hey, and the Chiefs won.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Cavs-Magic game at the Gund, the year before LeBron arrived. Just a smattering of fans attended and the game was a complete blow out. Just an awful, awful experience.

I've covered plenty of bad ones at the prep level, but nothing really stands out.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Come back to me when you've seen those scores in a game where they were NOT intentionally holding it.

Draft saved Draft deleted