1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst SID ever?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SEC Guy, Aug 27, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I understand that part. My issue is with her suggesting that we shouldn't be critical of anybody unless we use our real names. Sorry, that just isn't how this board works and she should know that.

I agree that we should be giving any SID the same respect we do to another member of the media. But the anonymity part is irrelevant.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, yeah. But the impact is dulled when you're used to guys who make eight figures shitting on you.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've heard lots of stories about Knight's guy at Tech. Apparently, he was horrendously incompetent.

4. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

There was a guy at Long Beach State awhile back. My boss made a late decision that we were going to run preview boxes for its basketball games. So I call him and say I just need basic info for a preview box.
    He says, "Ok, what do you need?"
    I say, "What's your record?"
    He says, "Hold on a minute, I'll check." He puts me on hold for 2 or 3 minutes, then comes back on the phone and says, "We're 1-0."

6. sg86

sg86 Member

That's an easy wish to have, except for the fact that these people control our exposure to the information we need to do our jobs. If anyone on here says anything to the SIDs face then we risk losing our jobs, which is a pretty crappy alternative to what exists in this thread right now. All because some people feel the need to be holier than thou at given times. It's a tough job as most everyone on here knows, and when people feel the need to make it tougher because they can we have every right to be pissed off.

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

No names? If those are the ground rules, fine.
    L."B."T.
    No one else will ever come close. Ever. Ever. Ever.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

no names?

J.H. @ NYU '70s.

with all due respect to twoback, no one will ever top that.

Draft saved Draft deleted