1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Run PRO Sports Franchise

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Firstime Caller, Jun 22, 2006.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You do know the Rangers are a half-game out of first place, right?

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It is remarkable how thoroughly they appear to have squandered all the goodwill they had built up in that corner of the world.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If squandering talent and off-the-field disgrace are the barometers, the Vikings and Trailblazers are in a class all their own.

For not caring about winning and sheer ineptitude, I give you the Clippers, Royals and Arizona Cardinals.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The Cubs have to be on that second list.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And the Blackhawks.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The Cubs are tough, because they do spend money, they just don't spend it well.

Which is different than the Royals (don't spend), but also different from the Vikings (only draft offense, choke under pressure) or the Trailblazers (always high).

Frankly, the Cubs might be a category unto themselves.

7. hardin moose

hardin moose Member

The Charlestown Chiefs. Idiot McGrath and his shitty PR schemes. I hate that cheap little bastard.

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

About every 10 posts, it should be repeated: It's gotta be the Knicks.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I gotta go with everybody who chose the Blackhawks. If it were Nashville or Atlanta or another team with no traditions, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but this is an Original Six franchise we're talking about. The Leafs might have forgiving fans but there's no way even they would get away with some of the bullshit Wirtz is pulling.

Who own da Chiefs?

11. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

It's Owwwnnns, owwwnnnns.

I think it's amazing how half of the Original Six in the NHL can be on this thread. Almost the Rangers, but they might have gotten it turned around. Wirtz is a joke, as others have pointed out.

Jacobs isn't much better in Boston. Both have done almost everything they can to kill off a viable hockey market. Boston has the colleges to keep it active, but I can't imagine the Bruins being much higher than BC, BU and the Beanpot on the scale there.

And well, the Leafs are the Leafs. Things haven't gotten much better since Ballard died have they.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well, the team has had some of its best regular seasons since he yacked, and reached the conference finals three times.

But still no Cup and, this year, no playoffs. So, yeah, you could argue the team really isn't any further ahead. And considering the team is now nothing more than an investment for its owners, you could make the claim that the backsliding will only get worse from here.

Because the building will still sell out every night the Leafs are there and that's all that matters to the owners. There are too many sheep who are only too willing to be crammed into the ACC at the expense of any other hockey in Toronto. The AHL team could win 70 games next season and go through the Calder Cup playoffs undefeated and they'll still draw flies.

Draft saved Draft deleted