1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Run PRO Sports Franchise

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Firstime Caller, Jun 22, 2006.

1. In Whitlock's column, he calls the Royals "America’s worst-run professional sports organization." Not saying, he's way off-base there and the Royals should certainly be in the discussion, but that's quite a strong statement. So, that got me thinking, this might be an interesting topic for the board. Who is America's worst-run pro sports organization and why?

2. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

The Knicks.

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Member

Whatever that minor league basketball team in Nashville was, with the female coach and the whack-job owner who stormed onto the court to fire her.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Chicago Cubs.

Their letterhead should have the slogan "Rewarding Failure Since 1908" across the masthead.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Atlanta Hawks.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dunno... there's these guys named Bidwell... and there's another group that goes by Wirtz....

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Second the nomination on the Blackhawks. They've single-handedly made me stop caring about hockey.

8. Driver 8

Driver 8 Member

I think it says a lot that the Clippers, after being an automatic top 5 candidate for decades, are no longer in the conversation.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Neither are the A-Cards, I think.

Current list, not in order:

Chicago Black Hawks
    New York Knickerbockers
    Kansas City Royals
    Cleveland Browns 2.0
    San Francisco 49ers
    Baltimore Orioles
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    Washington Crapitals

10. Stupid

Stupid Member

Golden State Warriors

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

At least the Royals appear to be trying, with new upper management, and spending money to sign Gordon and promising to sign Hochevar. And they seem to treat what few fans they still have well.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

At roughly $95 million for what looks like a 90 loss team, the Cubs have to be on any list in this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted