1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst political ad. Possibly ever.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, May 28, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah. But it still wasn't as painful emotionally and personally for him as I would have wanted.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

He's Sam Graves and he approves that message.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Even money it's only days until there are pics of Graves and Mr. Mini-Cowboy Hat on the internet. In a Minneapolis men's room. Displaying a "wide stance." ;)

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

There is, however, a clever riposte:

Let's give Missourians some credit: maybe they actually will vote this pathetic piece of shit out of office.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Sam Barnes' campaign commercial kind of reminded me of something you'd see on Mad TV. It was like a bad parody. Not a good sign. Hope the asshole gets what's coming to him.

6. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

The 80s called and they want their generic "tough kids from the wrong side of the tracks dancing" video back. They need it for the next Walker Texas Ranger or Rumble in the Bronx II (Electric Boogaloo)

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure this is still the champ:

http://www.lbjlib.utexas.edu/johnson/media/daisyspot/

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm sure I could rustle something up...

Then again, that was as in bad taste as it gets.

I'd love to be at a debate so I could call him a bigot to his face.

9. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

What's wrong with that one. Goldwater wasn't elected and we haven't had nuclear war, right? ;-)

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nice comeback. And a quick question about the cowboy in the ad that began this thread -- if he's supposed to be gay, why does it look like his eyes are undressing the mullet-haired woman to his left?

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Because he has San Francisco values? :D

And this jackass is one of my reps. Sadly. I would love nothing more to encounter him in the area sometime.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm a firm believer in voting every time you can anyway, but Diabeetus, you must help vote that guy out. I'm just shocked it wasn't a Sam Brownback commercial, really.

Draft saved Draft deleted