1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst No. 1 NFL draft picks?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Do you think Rivals.com got it right with their top 10 worst No. 1 draft picks?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Somewhat

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Patulski's a strange choice, given that he led the Bills in sacks his rookie year.

No idea why Steve Emtman isn't first on the list.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see Aundray Bruce mentioned, because I don't know why he doesn't come up more often in these discussions. ESPN.com even did a list of of the 50 Biggest Busts of all time a few days ago, and he wasn't even on it. At all. He was so mediocre at defense, he was turned into a tight end near the end of his career. Nobody tried to make Ryan Leaf an outside linebacker.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

made the same mistake when I mentioned Lageman.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He was Polish, Catholic and played at Notre Dame. That's hitting the Holy Trinity if you're in the Bills' marketing department, at a time when the Bills sucked. They probably had no other choice.

They also had to pick Al Cowlings from USC the year after they picked OJ to keep him happy.

Entman's career was cut short by injuries, probably steroid-related. He was unstoppable at UDub.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Unvarnished fail, like usual. :D :D :D

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

They might as well have. He hit (reporters) better than some linebackers could.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Al drive him to practice every day?

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And let him borrow his practice gloves?

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Jake Long.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

My guess is Bruce isn't often mentioned b/c he didn't play a glamour position. He also somehow played 11 seasons...so even though he was a bust by most standards, he managed to stick around as a role player.

He didn't redefine the suck at QB, nor did he have multiple public blowups, nor did he retire at 26. BTW, want a laugh? Check out Ryan Leaf's wiki page before it gets cleaned up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Leaf

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Too early.

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

He might end up being a good pro. But at No. 1? Nah. You don't draft right tackles that high.

Really, I don't like any guys from this year's draft, at least for that No. 1 position. I was hoping Parcells would let his time lapse once or twice and move down to No. 3 or 4.

Draft saved Draft deleted