1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst movie remake idea I've heard of in a long time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Willow Smith is Annie... Jay-Z is producing.

She'll whip her red hair back and forth...

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I liked Will Smith a lot more before he decided it was his job to make his kids famous by remaking '80s movies with them as the stars. A lot more.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I liked Will Smith before he decided to try to be serious.

4. Mizzougrad96

I must say, the Karate Kid remake was pretty good.

Little Orphan Willow? No thanks...

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wouldn't bet against JayZ on anything. Hell he made a rap hit out of Hard Knock Life.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Who's Daddy Warbucks? Chiklis?

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Wonder what his older kid thinks about it, the ones from his previous marriage. He was in a crowd scene in MIB (and maybe others), but nothing like this. Maybe he's not into acting.

8. Mizzougrad96

Ving Rhames.

9. Disagree. We showed the movie at a movie night for kids we host once a month, so we thought it would be a good idea for our kids to see the original first. So it was the first time we had seen it in a while as well. Loved the original again. Just held up really well from an entertainment standpoint. Honestly, didn't like the remake at all.

10. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I felt the same way, and so did my 7-year old son. He had seen all the new Karate Kid trailers and wanted to watch it. I told him he had to watch the original first. He sat through the original without moving an inch. He's watched it several times since. Last week, we rented the new Karate Kid and within 20 minutes, he was off in his bedroom watching something else. He never did finish the movie, said it was kinda boring.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell - Jay Z IS Daddy Warbucks, Beyonce could be his squeeze/secretary. Lil' Kim as Miss Hannigan and Little Wayne as her brother Rooster.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's gonna get some pipe-wielding ****** and go medieval on Miss Hannigan's ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted