1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst movie endings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by holy bull, Jun 15, 2011.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Rocky 5 ... Rocky talking to the Russian crowd, then you have to wait for the translations. It was annoying as hell. The fight was great, but save the dialog for someone who cares.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was Rocky IV, but I agree.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'd already read the book, so I was prepared for it, but I thought it was a phenomenal exit.

Cormac McCarthy and the Coen brothers wanted you to feel despair, even soul-sapped by the end. It's honorable and necessary to fight evil, but you have to know it's an unbeatable opponent by the very nature of the game.

I thought the actual resolution to the film is earlier, as Tommy Lee Jones is speaking to the man in the wheelchair with the week-old coffee. That's where the payoff is.

Bell: I always thought when I got older God would sort of come into my life in some way. He didn't. I don't blame him. If I was him I'd have the same opinion about me that he does.

Ellis: You don't know what he thinks.

Bell: Yes I do.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. I can understand not liking it, but to call it rushed is just dumb.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That movie ended at the 1:47 mark.

6. 93Devil

The stripping in Slap Shot seemed very forced.

I olnly saw it once, but I think the ending of The Last Boy Scout defied the laws of simple physics.

7. 93Devil

Oh, any movie ending where they make you sit though the credits "just in case something funny happens."

Two words... Fuck. You.

"The End" should mean something.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bruce Willis dancing a jig?

It falls into the guilty pleasure category, but I love that movie.

9. 93Devil

Doesn't the qb throw a football into the third deck or something like that?

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The ending? Isn't the beginning of that one some firefighter going onto a subway car to save people, and basically walking on and then melting into the lava flow as if he were sinking into the ocean?

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I thought it was a terrible movie, but that ending is the classic ending to the book. Can't call it "War of the Worlds" and change that particular thing. Keeping that ending was probably the only redeeming moment in the whole thing.

I guess you may not be familiar with historical precedent for how invasion and colonization of unfamiliar environments has often resulted in the interlopers suffering widespread disease?

1985 was just a different time. That was also a year when Stallone released the second Rambo film, so maybe he was out to soften the blow.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

"Signs" thinks you're stupid for thinking an alien invasion can't be stopped by allergies water.

Draft saved Draft deleted