1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst movie/book/album/etc. you own

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Apr 10, 2013.

1. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Worst book by a mile is: Seven Days in the Art World by Sara Thornton.

Only reason I keep it is because it was one we read - or I tried to finish reading - for our book club and I like to have those books as a record of all the topics we have covered.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Superman III featured the then smokin-hot Annette O'Toole, at her most smokin' hot.

In the one scene she shoots with Horse-Face Kidder, you gotta just shout out, "Clark, what the hell are you thinkin?!? Tell that old hag to shove off and treat yourself to some Smallville sweetness."

The fist-fight between Evil Superman and Good Clark is also, by far, the best fight scene in any Superman movie. (Hopefully that will no longer be true as of June.)

Other than that ... yeah, it sucks.

3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

The villain is a joke, and so are his henchmen. I know you were no fan of Hackman's Luthor, of course . . .

Do agree that the fist fight is really good. And I do enjoy the whole "evil Superman" sequence. When I visited the leaning tower of Pisa, others were doing that whole "photo of me holding up the tower!" thing while I wanted a photo of me yelling "Strontz, Superman!"

O'Toole was attractive in that movie, true. Same as in 48 Hrs. Kidder was only cute during the Richard Donner-shot scenes in Superman II. All else, it was a wonder she won Kal-El's heart.

4. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Annette was a total MILF in Smallville. No wonder Jon Kent had a heart attack.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Slapshot 2. But in fairness it was purchased in a set with the original for the same price as one DVD.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Worst album/song? Looks like I've got something from Wilco on there, inexplicably. [/ducking]

Worst movie? "Nothing But Trouble."

Worst book? "The Sportswriter" by Richard Ford. Wanted to claw my eyes out after each chapter. Lasted 100 pages and finally called it quits.

7. Note to self: Skip invite to PC's place for movie night.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Break Point, a murder mystery set at Wimbledon, author Ilie Nastase.
    Also, I can't find it now, and it may be packed up in the attic as many of our books are, but Fran Tarkenton wrote (allegedly) a murder mystery set at a Super Bowl. It was realistic in that the team for which the thinly disguised Tarkenton protagonist played lost. It was, in fact, way worse than Nastase's book.

9. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

C'mon, the Ed Wood movies were classics.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Movies: Indy IV and Star Wars Episode 1. Both were gifts.

CDs - A lot of one-hit rap wonders from high school and college like Kriss Kross, Skee Lo etc...

Books: Tuesdays with Morrie.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"What's wrong with Gymkata?"/BYH

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love UHF. It's so dumb it's hilarious. We used to watch it all the time in college.

Draft saved Draft deleted