1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Logos in Sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jul 13, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's funny, I always thought the Trailblazers logo was a play on the P and the B - but done by a dyslexic.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

What's up with the Yankees' boring-ass jerseys? You'd think they'd want to make a uniform change and put some color in there ... seems like they haven't changed in forever.

And put some damn names on the back as well!

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I know this. Didn't think I needed to put in a disclaimer stating the current logo wasn't the original...

It's just a lot of fans like myself grew up with this as the logo and would hate to see it go. All of us love the throwbacks the Bills use twice a year.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

And why is Penn State's uniform a plain blue jersey with a white helmet? They're the Lions for crying out loud! Put a big ass lion head on the helmet and some paw prints on every 10-yard line. And drop the Nittany, it sounds more like Brittany and nobody knows what that is.

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

fine, but what's up with the Utah Jazz. Ain't no jazz in Utah!!

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Only thing wrong with Portland's look is they need to upright the logo again and go back to a lower-cased font on the jerseys.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I like the Grizzlie.

8. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I don't understand how this one was left out.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

True dat.

I just hate that fucking LA is supposed to have all this glamor and shit, and it's just plain BORING. I know where the nicknames came from; now they're like an elevator in an outhouse -- they don't belong.

At least the UCLA logo and colors are cool ... I'll give 'em that.

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I don't support the Dodgers in any way shape or form, but I tip my hand to them for having one of the classiest looking unis in baseball.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I have a soft spot for this one. When we had a thread a few years ago ridiculing it, a Houston BLOG! had a couple of my lines in it.

12. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Never anything wrong with having trim on your arm

Draft saved Draft deleted