1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst job around the house.....here's mine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Sp0rtScribe

Sp0rtScribe Member

My sentiments exactly. I dread folding, hanging and putting the clothes away.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

For a less gendered answer, how about this: it helps to keep things like nails and screws around because there are so many different shapes, sizes and types and you never know what you're going to need. Short nail to hang a picture, long nail to fix a loose board on the deck. There are screws for wood, for dry wall, for tile, etc.

When you buy a kit to build something, it's common that they throw in an extra screw or nail in case you need it. When you go to the hardware store to buy one, they rarely sell those small pieces as a single item, so you end up with several left over. No sense in throwing them away.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

that may be the funniest thing i've read in a while. which could be sad.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You DO heart me! :D

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

93Devil has made it easy.

I hope he's laughing. IJAG meant no harm and neither did the other dingbat ...

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I can't fight 93D any more. Makes me sad. :D

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No, I am laughing. Bowel, bowl, towel and all the other "wl" words have never been my friends.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Maybe she might help you out:

[​IMG]

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I cleaned everything in my corner of the world yesterday - at least domestically. I don't at all care for most yard work, but I thought that was a different topic.

Key? Some good music set kinda loud on the audio system. Helps with everything except for vacuuming.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I hate painting.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't mind painting. It's all the prep work I hate.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I hate moving furniture to paint. Painting an empty room is almost fun.

Tebow, do I hate being slowed up when I work. Looking for tools, moving crap, not having the proper thing all makes me burn.

Draft saved Draft deleted