1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst job around the house.....here's mine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 11, 2009.

1. KP

KP Active Member

Thank God I'm not alone in hating to put my clothes away.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

With three boys, laundry is my chore that never ends.

I don't mind it so much, although we all are also guilty of wearing clean clothes out of the baskets. Their mom not being around to harp at us to put them away makes it's a system that works very well!

The chore I hate most? Cleaning the bathroom. Yes, scrubbing the toilet takes very little time.......it's the rest of the bathroom (the vanity, the tub, the area behind and underneath the throne) that leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm telling you, I need a housekeeper like every single dad in TV sitcom history had. Where's my Alice? Where's my Mr. French? Where's my Mrs. Garrett??

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

The joy of being an adult: I hate making the bed, so I don't.

As a kid I hated dusting the most, because it wasn't just swipe the TV and bookshelf and be done (like it is for me now!). My mom insisted that every chair leg and rung be dusted, everything in the china cabinet be removed, dusted and replaced, every plant leaf 'dusted' with milk. Every week. There could not have possibly been that much dust in the house.

And Batman: Get a Swiffer Wet, with the disposable pads. Yes, it's more expensive than mop/bucket, but you avoid the mopping-with-nasty-water scene.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i can't believe i'm going to say this, especially after you once called me an asshole, but i think i heart you.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The Swiffer Wet is among the greatest inventions ever.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So much for hairy, bearded guys, eh? :p :D

-----

Cleaning isn't an issue. It's the other pig in the house who has no clue how disgusting he is these days. And, in summary, if we don't clean regularly, this place could become a dump in record time.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Don't you dare throw old tools away.

Throw them up on craigslist and be sure to keep a few for yourself.

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I'm so with you. One of the worst around-the-house things I've ever had to do was fix the vent fan in one of the bathrooms in my mom's house. We thought it wasn't turning on because the motor had burned out; turned out it was because there was a dead bird stuck in it. I don't think I've ever been more disgusted.

9. Sam Mills 51

Well, maybe just sell them. Not much of a market for tools coated in vomit.

10. 93Devil

Doing anything under the sink.

I have replaced faucets and tightened existing ones, and I always, always bump my head.

One tip about folding clothes; try hanging everything up that you can, including t-shirts. I hate folding, but I don't mind hanging.

Thank God Mrs. Devil likes to clean and do laundry, and I love to cook and do yard work.

11. 93Devil

Vomit? Where did that come from?

12. Sam Mills 51

See above. :eek: :)

Draft saved Draft deleted