1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst helmets in the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Watching the Miami-Pittsburgh game last night, and I couldn't help but notice that every time they showed a close up of a Dolphin that it looked like there was glitter in the white paint. I couldn't help but look for it everytime, but it was there. Drove me up the wall. Made the orange and the aqua look even more – I wanna say tacky but that's not the right word – effeminate? I don't know. It definitely did not say football team to me. What is wrong with even a high gloss white? why did they have to make it look like someone spread that glitter shit on the helmets that some chicks puts on their chests?

What do you think are the worst helmets?

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I've always like the Cheifs' helmets because. The red top with the white facemask looks great.

P.S. Wolverines have the best ones in College Football. Hail to the victors!

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. Buffalo
    2. Cincinnati, but at least it's part of a look.
    3. San Diego

5. I agree. They need to change that racist shit.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The pattern was originally designed in Princeton for the Tigers so the quarterback could better distinguish his wide receivers at a quick glance. Then I think it was like a year after they were designed the athletic director or coach or somebody got hired on by Michigan and he brought the pattern over with him, just changed the colours to blue and maise.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I don't think the helmet is racist, the name definitley, but it's not like they've got chief wahoo on their helmets, the portrait is at the least a respctable picture, much along the lines of the Chicago Blackhawks.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

1. Seahawks
    2. Ravens
    3. Bills (stick with the 70s throwbacks)

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

True. Imagine if there were teams named Black or White skins.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Except back then they called them ends.

11. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Clearly the Delaware Blue Hens have a superior helmet design.

[​IMG]

;D

Let me throw in a vote for the Tennessee Titans. Their logo looks like something an NBA team would come up with.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Worst helmets? Rematch of a previous Super Bowl: Titans and Rams.

Draft saved Draft deleted