1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst head coach/manager ever?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3OctaveFart, Dec 29, 2012.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

Which decision? Hiring him or firing him?

2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Roy Rubin

Richie Kotite

Rick Venturi (collegiate record was 1-31-1)

Joe Kuharich

Marion Campbell

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Faye Abbott: Went 0-13 in two seasons with the 1928-29 Dayton Triangles. They were shutout in 11 of those 13 losses, and scored a combined total of 16 points in the other two games.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

When I was in college I was eating lunch at an NFL training facility and an older man joined who I was eating with, and one of the men at the table said, "93, this is Les Steckle."

I will never forget that. He's probably one of the most infamous people I have ever met.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Lane Kiffin seems intent on climbing this list.

6. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

Cam Cameron was 18-37 at Indiana (with Antwaan Randle El) and 1-15 in his one year with the Dolphins.

End this thread now.

7. sportbook

sportbook Member

Cam Cameron has the fourth-best Big Ten winning percentage at IU since 1950. They actually played good teams in the non-conference when he was there. His 2001 team, the year he was fired, is the best IU team in nearly 20 years.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well if we are talking about worst managers as in General managers, it's Mike Milbury's title to lose.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And he only won two national titles in his three seasons....

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

When it comes to M.L. Carr, the phrase "championship driven" will always stick out.

Pitino's main undoing in Boston was his constant roster shuffling. I think he kept Chauncey Billups for six months after he drafted him.

The reason the Hobson era was so painful was they had been decent under Joe Morgan and were in it until at least Labor Day the year he was fired (1991). Hobson's first major move as manager was to piss off Clemens, which wasn't too smart.

Draft saved Draft deleted