1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Fan Experiences?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3OctaveFart, Jan 18, 2012.

1. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Replace beer sales at games with only classic cocktails. Although I shudder to think how much a highball would cost at a stadium concession stand.

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Large numbers of mixed drinks are more likely to induce nausea than gallons of beer. Definitely not the solution.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At football games, the in-stadium sales aren't the problem. It's the hours and hours of tailgating drinking that primes the pump for poor behavior and violence.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Dawg Pound at the old Cleveland Stadium. As an 11-year-old. Most frightening day ever.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Not sure that tailgating alone is the culprit. NASCAR fans tailgate for days before an event, and seem less combative generally, and especially so in the stands.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You're obviously making this up. Stiller Nation is the bestest fanbase in the world. if you don't believe me, just ask them.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At NASCAR events, there's a sense of community among the fans. It's a bit different than team vs. team events.

8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These gentlemen beg to differ, sir.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Raises a great question: Is the boorishness we're talking about, the violence, always an 'us' vs 'them' team-loyalty thing?

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

[​IMG]

I was there, but luckily I was in the nose bleed section.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's all true.

But it just boggles this non-drinker's mind that a couple of cups of horse piss are so important that they can turn an event from "Meh" to "Woohoo!"

And you know, I've sat in a stadium with 105,000 people. There have been people wearing (gasp!) crimson clothing sitting next to me or across the aisle. Not once have I ever felt the urge to hurl insults or berate such people for rooting for the other team. Classifying such behavior as normal or accepted is an insult to civilized people who simply choose to act properly in public.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Never?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted