1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst cover ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RossLT, Jun 23, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Shania Twain's cover of "You Shook Me" was worse than Celine Dion's and Hayseed Dixie's cover it was pretty bad too.

But a truly horrendous cover was Marah's cover of Springsteen's "Streets of Philadelphia"

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

To be fair, there is a certain manner to Shatner that makes it incredibly cool.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Couple of weeks ago in an airport I heard a pretty cool reggae version of 4 Non-Blondes' "What's Up."

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hearing Shania Twain sing "she told me to come, but I was already there" overrides whatever musical shortcomings may be at work.

:D :D :D

5. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Not that the original was any good, but whoever did the rockier version of "Genie in a Bottle" deserves to be stuffed in one

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

How about William Hung's version of "She Bangs"?

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

In country, you can find a bunch.
    Really, is there anything Celine Dion touches that doesn't turn to crap?

8. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

I always thought Tiffany's version of "I Saw (Him) Standing There" was pretty craptacular.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Damn, that was the first thing I though of.

Anything Shatner related.
    I"ll throw in GNR's Knocking on Heaven's Door. Dreadful.

10. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Some one-shot female hip-hop group did a cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody" that may not only be the worst cover, but the worst song I've ever heard. I forgot all about it.

The video featured the group hijacking a metro bus. I think it's probably eight or nine years old now, but man, was it crap.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Ataris' version of "Boys of Summer" was pretty bad.

And any of these songs where they do one version for pop stations and another for the county stations -- I'm looking at you, Bon Jovi -- suck great big hemorrhoidal gorilla ass. The music executives who came up with that marketing plan should be ashamed of themselves, then forced to listen to the two versions one right after the other until they beg for mercy, kind of like we did to Noriega.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

WHAT??!?!?! I thought that was better than the original.

But I do agree with the Sheryl Crow-Sweet Child O Mine pick as terrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted