1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst cover ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RossLT, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I do a great version of Bob Dylan doing Pink Floyd's 'Brain Damage.'

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Boy George should be hung by his gonads for singing a reggaeized version of Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way." Wretched. Absolutely wretched.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

How do you ruin an arena rock classic? Just fly across the Atlantic and track down Five, a British boy band.

I heard about this cover in college, when I was an obsessed Queen fanboi. But after finally watching the video, words can't describe what these wankers did to "We Will Rock You."

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

NOFX did a cover of that song. Something tells me you wouldn't quite dig it.

5. forever_town

I heard a little bit of it on the iTunes store. You're right. It's almost as bad as Boy George's take.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Got about nine seconds into the We will rock you cover.

A "cover" that always got on my nerves was "Natalie Cole sings Unforgettable with dead daddy's voice." I know it sounds OK, and I know a lot of people enjoy it.

But to me, it sounds like a scion of music royalty gravy training a forced hit off her dad's greatness. Maybe Natalie Cole a bunch of records before that one . . .any have near the success, before or since?

Which I suppose is why she's raring to do it again on her next album.

7. Sheryl Crow covering Sweet Child O' Mine was pretty bad.

But not as bad as Brittney Spears cover of (I can't get no) Satisfaction.

8. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Disturbed's version of Genesis' "Land of Confusion." Disturbingly bad. I couldn't jam icepicks into my eardrums fast enough to stop from listening to that shit ever again.

9. forever_town

I'd rather hear Slutney cover "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" than hear Lindsay Lohan "sing" "Edge of Seventeen."

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Bill Shatner does Rocket Man

Let's see some somebitch top that one.

11. forever_town

Smashing Pumpkins and the Dixie Chicks covering "Landslide."

Bad enough I've gotta hear Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks sing it ad nauseum. Those peeps doing that song? Push me off the Bay Bridge now!

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucking unbelievable. The singer and the backing band both.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted