1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst company to work for

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 6, 2006.

?

What's the worst newspaper chain to work for?

1. Boone

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. Brown

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. CNHI

13 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Copley

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  5. Cox

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. Gannett

29 vote(s)
    19.3%
  7. Heartland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Hearst

4 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. JRC

29 vote(s)
    19.3%
  10. Knight-Ridder

8 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. McClatchy

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  12. Ogden

10 vote(s)
    6.7%
  13. Patton

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  14. Tribune

9 vote(s)
    6.0%
  15. Other

37 vote(s)
    24.7%
  1. I'm not sure I have ever seen a thread on here where someone discusses the merits of their company. There's a lot of bad-mouthing toward just about any company on here.
    I'm curious to see who the SJer's think is the worst and why.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I will never apply to a KR paper again. ;D

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Paging BYH.

BYH to the white courtesy phone, please.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hagadone needs to be on this list. Trust me. You can even ask Doc if you don't believe me.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

CNHI gets a vote.

These idiots manage to keep the worst philosophies of the Thomson era while pinching pennies and lying to their employees. They have no qualms about lying about benefits and raises. They've underfunded most of their purchases, and then they try to balance the books on the backs of their employees.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I've worked for four of these companies, and there is no, no, NO contest. None.

If you haven't worked for the company in question, you have no idea. Maybe a little, based on what you read, but you really have no idea. Really, you don't.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

True dat, SC. Fuckabuncha Hagadone! :mad:

Glad to see my current company isn't on here. They're good people.

8. House

House Guest

Where's Lee?

9. Grey

Grey Member

going with a write-in: morriss.

10. ogre

ogre Member

I still work at this place, which is a "family paper", so I will leave it nameless. But how's this for horrible: 2 percent raises a year max ( the first two years I got 1.9, so you know Im busting my ass this year for that extra tenth), 26 cents a mile (this is in California by the way) and a $25 gift card to a grocery store for holiday bonus. Plus, when I won an APSE award, the GM came into the sports department on a day I wasn't working and congratulated someone else, who kind of looks like me. When told he wasn't me, the GM said "Oh" and never came back. The publisher didnt have the grace to at least do that.

11. Job Sisyphus

Job Sisyphus New Member

Just
    Read
    Carefully. ::)

12. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Come on guys..this isn't even a fair contest....The fuckwads at JRC win hands down..the poll should be titled "who is the second worst co. to work for"
    On a happy note the JRC stock is plummeting rapidly as we speak..can't wait to see the webcast of the upcoming Shareholders meeting

JRC-"no one wants to come-no one wants to stay"

Celebrateeee, come'on...Bad times ...

Draft saved Draft deleted