1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst coach rant you've suffered through?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by schiezainc, Mar 3, 2008.

1. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

Lowly? LOL. I did a bad job once b by saying a girls who was headed to plays hoops in the big east was not challenged by her inferior high school opponents. Boy, did that not go over well with the soccer moms.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Word to the wise, the people on this board will eat you up for the shorthanded laugh out loud. Trust me. Seems to be a hot-button issue 'round these parts.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

After fourth-seeded Indiana lost to 13th-seeded Richmond in the 1988 NCAA tournament, someone asked Bobby Knight how big an upset he thought it was. Knight -- shockingly -- blew up, screaming, ``Upset? I didn't see any upset. Who the hell here thinks this was an upset?'' He went on for several minutes, telling us this was no blankety-blank upset, that the better team won and anyone who thought it was an upset didn't know expletive deleted about expletive deleted basketball.

Good times.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Didn't suffer through it, but coach rants begin and end here:

My bad: EXTREMELY NSFW.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe that should be labeled NSFW.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe next time you could say the team "underutilized its lack of talent."

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

Had a HS football coach punch a wall after a loss.
    Thank goodness, the wall was OK.

8. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Have sat through some interesting Bob Knight sessions. But the football counterpart at Texas Tech, Mike Leach, can hold his own with the best of them. Leach's, though, usually are directed at his own team after a loss, and they are always hilarious.

Perhaps his best one came after the defeat at Oklahoma State last season, but it was completely overshadowed by Gundy making a jackass of himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted