1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst big-name actor working

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Aug 15, 2009.

?

Who is the worst supposedly good actor?

1. Mark Wahlberg

10.1%
  2. Nic Cage

30.4%
  3. Keanu Reeves

39.2%
  4. John Travolta

7.6%
  5. Other

12.7%
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I like Wilson, too. Something "real" about him. Is he always "acting"? Probably not. But he's got screen presence.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I second that. Outside of Old School, I can't think of anything I like that he's done.

3. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Robin Williams

What's he done lately?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Agreed on Williams, he was great in Insomnia, but really its so depressing seeing him, Eddie Murphy, and Steve Martin mostly getting work playing dads.
    What is it they say about actresses having three phases, babe, district attorney and grandma. Actors have badass/comedian, family guy, hardass supporting character.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's 11 years old, but Williams was good in "What Dreams May Come." He was good in "Novacaine" and "One Hour Photo" as well.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

He's still a fine actor, but there's been no suitable roles for him (as DanO rightfully pointed out.)

But Williams has been terrific in a lot of movies. "One Hour Photo" was one of the most disturbing flicks I've seen (so much so that I don't want to watch it again.) Probably his best performance in this decade, although the movie itself wasn't so great.

"Good Will Hunting" and "Dead Poets Society" are two of my all-time favorites. He showed nice range in "Good Morning Vietnam."

So I'd hardly classify him as one of the "worst big-name actors working."

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Williams had a great creepyish turn in a Law & Order episode not too long ago.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Williams was good in The Final Cut. Though I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that's seen that.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What Dreams May Come is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Williams' performance in Good Will Hunting is one of my favorite ever.

He's made a lot of shit lately. The same can be said about DeNiro and Pacino.

Some of the worst movies I've seen in the last couple years have starred DeNiro or Pacino... (88 Minutes anyone?)

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

88 Minutes? What's 88 Minutes? I seem to remember renting it and putting it in the DVD player but I've erased all other thoughts about that flick. Weird, huh?

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What was the movie they were in together recently? I thought it was fairly entertaining.

Draft saved Draft deleted