1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst/Best SNL movies of all time...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doctor x, Jun 25, 2007.

1. doctor x

doctor x Member

Rather than threadjack 'Worst Reviewed Movies,' how about a separate category on the worst spawn of Saturday Night Live, whether based on an SNL skit or with SNL alum as the stars?

If anyone has some 'best' nominees, go ahead.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Night at the Roxbury?

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Blues Brothers for the best

The worst, lord.

Master of Disguise? A solid three out of 10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295427/

Blues Brothers 2000?

4. doctor x

doctor x Member

I endured, and I do mean endured, portions of "It's Pat" once on HBO.

I admit that one of the problems with in starting this thread is that many people automatically stay well clear of SNL vehicles and thus cannot sort out the worst of the worst.

Unless it's Murray, Aykroyd, Sandler, Murphy or Ferrell (and by no means are they always safe bets), it's best to run for your life when an SNL pic comes out.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Gotta be "It's Pat."

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not sure Master of Disguise really qualifies. Yes, it has an SNL alum in it, but I don't think it was based on any SNL skit. It would be like nominating 'New Jack City' for best because it has Chris Rock in it.

Among the best: Wayne's World (absolutely outstanding). Not sure I can think of any others. Coneheads, maybe?

Among the worst (a truncated list, of course): Superstar (Mary Catherine Gallagher ... an annoying character in an annoying movie); Stuart Saves His Family, It's Pat, A Night at the Roxbury (had some funny moments, but pretty dull overall).

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Best: The Blues Brothers. There is no debating that.

Worst: From what I've seen, that Stuart Smalley pic was gawdawful.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I agree Blues Brothers as best. The I go with Wayne's World and A Night at the Roxbury to round out the top the three.

Worst is a tough one. It's Pat is probably the worst of the worst. Everything after that is close, including Lady's Man, Stuart Saves His Family and Superstar. Coneheads wasn't that good either.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

There was a Coneheads movie? Christ, that show you how much I pay attention to movies.

Loved them on SNL.

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Wayne's World and the Blues Brothers, to me, are equal.
    Then Wayne's World 2.
    Then you drop a few floors to "Night at the Roxbury," which was better than I hoped.
    Then "Coneheads," which was not as good as I hoped.
    Then drop to the bottomless pit that is, pretty much, everything else inspired by SNL sketches. Then you get to Blues Brothers 2000.
    Then, "It's Pat."

11. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I still think a "Sprockets" movie could have been fantastic.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Best: The Blues Brothers, Wayne's World...

Worst: Stuart Saves his Family, It's Pat, Coneheads (probably because it came out 20 years later...)

Tim Meadow's "The Ladies Man" was actually pretty damn funny... "A Night at the Roxbury" was surprisingly not as bad as you would think it would be. I know that's not a ringing endorsement, but it's not terrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted