1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst beers ever (AKA Beer you drank in high school)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Feb 3, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I drank 30 Olympias at an all-night poker party in college. And then drove to Berkeley Springs, W.Va., at sunrise. For no reason at all.

No, I don't know why.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You have my sympathies. :D

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Cheap bastard should've been strung up and hit like that Bud Light piniata.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

What about Pearl?

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

To be fair, he wasn't the brightest of bulbs.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Schlitz, Olympia, Stroh's, Stag, Falstaff and 905 were awful. Old Milwaukee was tolerable, and I actually used to really like Meister Brau. Any cream ale sucks ass. Any beer by Hudepohl, Berger or Schoenling sucks ass. The only good Mexican beer is Tecate.

7. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

What about Pearl?
    [/quote]

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has drank this horrible swill. I drank it once in high school. Once was all it took.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Isn't Olympia the stubbies that have riddles under the caps? I never had a problem with those.
    Also, I don't understand the hate for Corona, I love Corona especially with a lime in it. Now, Corona Light is hideous.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

In high school, Blatz Light Creme Ale. The worst day-after you'll ever have.

That is, until you get to college and buy Fox Deluxe at three cases for $10.99. It was so bad you could see solids at the bottom of the bottle and had to dump it out after drinking 2/3 of it.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Piel's
    Carling Black Label

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not true. Bud is of a higher grade.

Corona is crappy-ass beer, easily the worst beer brewed by Grupo Modelo and probably the worst brewed in Mexico. Tastes like corn (not surprising, because it's brewed with corn) and has no hint of hops. There's a reason you never hear about Corona winning beer taste comparisons.

12. kbb

kbb Member

I'll second the motion to have Knickerbocker declared the worst beer ever. Iron City isn't far behind. Of course, I haven't tried them all. Yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted