1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst beers ever (AKA Beer you drank in high school)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Feb 3, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Keystone's right up there, no doubt about it.

Genesee was pretty piss-poor, too. Severe after-taste.

Old Milwaukee.

Piels.

Old Stony.

I actually enjoyed the taste of Colt "Getchumfuktupfast" .45.

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Okicim Porter - we called it the black hole of beers.

Think Guinness but without flavour.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Natty Light, hands down.

And Gomer, I've only had Guinness a couple times. Maybe it wasn't drawn right, whatev. Wasn't impressed -- at all.

4. boots

boots New Member

Steel City and Heiniken (I can't even spell it because it's so nasty). Corona is also a close third.

5. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Heineken? Really Boots? I can see how you might not like it, but it sure ain't cheap. I'm with on Corona, though, not that it's bad, but it's basically overpriced Budweiser.
    Worst ever for me: Natty Ice, and Icehouse, hands down.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Holy fuck. Heineken should never get mentioned on this thread. Possibly my all-time fave for everyday purposes.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Corona is overrated. It's like the Gonzaga of beers -- a mid-major that's seeded really high, and it always falls short of expectations.

8. boots

boots New Member

Heineken (thanks for the spelling) leaves an awful aftertaste. And it really makes your breath smell like 40-day piss. Sorry gang, it's an import that should stay overseas.

9. This is malt liquor, but it deserves to be in the conversation. It burns your stomach!

[​IMG]

10. Once, I had to go to Mexico City on a story and I explained to one of my local colleagues that people were paying six bucks a bottle for Corona in NYC. He stopped laughing 10 minutes later. That stuff is the Rheingold of Mexico.
    Anyway, my answer is Milwaukee Premium -- brewed, naturally, in Hammonton, NJ.

11. boots

boots New Member

And I've been through Hammonton. Man, that's one fucked up place. I haven't tasted the beer, but I know Hammonton. Get your ass kicked by the Po-Po and you know that you've arrived.

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Milwaukee's Best (on weekends in college, I lived on the Beast, Taco Bell and Rally's hamburgers)
    Busch

Draft saved Draft deleted