1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Band Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Feb 19, 2021.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for some nimrod to post this so we could throw down.

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I believe you but it doesn't make sense because their music was good.

Huggy likes this.
  3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

This is a damn good song too

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, musically The Fixx is fine. Outside of the hits they were generally bland as hell, but the hits were good. Both songs you guys posted are solid. "One Thing Leads to Another" is OK, too.

When I saw them the lead singer mostly stood planted at the center of the stage and pretended he had a puppet on his hand. He'd sing and he'd look at his hand and act like his hand was singing. I don't know if he was tripping balls or what. And the band was just lifeless. It was overall weird and bad. (And not a good weird. I'm down with a good weird. This was a bad weird.)

I saw them on a four band bill -- The Police, Thompson Twins, The Fixx and Berlin. Going in I was excited for the Police and The Fixx, didn't care about the other two. The best performances of the day, by far, were the Thompson Twins and Berlin.

garrow likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I don't beat up senior citizens.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No. Of the two songs that still get any airplay (Under The Bridge and Dani California).....as soon as I hear either opening riff to Under The Bridge or the bass drum to Dani California, I turn the channel.

Tighthead likes this.
  7. Songbird

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If I have 2 choices, 1 would be RHCP, 2 would be Guns N Roses.

9. Songbird

Yes again.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Interesting this comes up on the week Carman died. Looking back he was the top of the pile in “Holy shit, WHAT were we thinking?” moments in 80s/90s CCR.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So ... The Fixx is in?

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Chicago's problem is it's longevity. It should have broken up after 4-5 albums, with its musical legacy intact, instead of going though numerous personnel changes and devolving into schlock. Better to be great for a short period of time, like the David Clayton Thomas B,S & T, or Traffic, than go on forever and wear out your welcome.

1968-72 era Chicago is outstanding music.

misterbc, I Should Coco and ChrisLong like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted