1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worse Personnel Move by your NFL Team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, May 28, 2019.

1. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Trading Thomas Jones for peanuts following a Super Bowl run would be it for me. Trading Greg Olsen is second, though the Mirer trade was pretty bad.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I remember being 9 or 10 years old and declaring that I was suddenly a fan of the Chiefs because Joe got traded. It was a weird thing to experience as a kid.

That set me up for the Matt Williams trade. Williams was my favorite Giant as a kid (don't ask me to explain it) and when he got dealt, that was an experience.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Are there any teams here we haven't covered yet with at least one opinion? The Falcons? The Dolphins? I admit I didn't check the past pages to be sure, just going from memory. But we've come up with a pretty comprehensive list.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head A.J. Feeley was a Scott Mitchell-type signing for the Dolphins, with none of the modest success Mitchell enjoyed.
    Mitchell, Rob Johnson, Feeley and later Osweiler became very rich from a few emergency starts for teams with the right supporting casts.
    You could even say Johnson was a one-game wonder.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Could a Bears fan thank Mike Martz - or, more accurately, his arrogance and his stupidity - for me? Thanks.

Tweener likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted