1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worse Personnel Move by your NFL Team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, May 28, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Trying to think of the Eagles' worst, non-draft pick division.
    In my lifetime, hiring Rich Kotite as coach before the 1991 season would probably be it. Led to the dissolution of a contender, and the infamous quarterback carousel that cost them their best chance at a Super Bowl in that era. They weren't terrible in the post-Buddy years, and maybe they never would have beaten the Cowboys, but that hire definitely blunted their rise right about the time they could have taken over the NFC East for two or three years.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Chris Carter?

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Giving dog killer Michael Vick a second chance would probably rate pretty high among some fans.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Steelers' decision to sign him later may have been worse. He was still a every bit the dog killer, but he also sucked as a Steeler. At least he produced for the Eagles.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Considering what he became, sure. But I think it's agreed by everyone involved that he wouldn't have become a Hall of Famer if the Eagles hadn't cut him. Much like Favre to the Packers, he likely would've been a drunken NFL washout if he hadn't switched teams. It was the kick in the ass he needed to get his life and career in order.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I cannot argue these. Not even the order in which you put them.

7. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

As someone who liked the Niners and Raiders growing up, how much time you got?

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Cutting Nick Lowery.

Signing Lin Elliott.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

For fans of those teams? None.

Jk

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

For as much as I admire Steve Young for his beautiful spirals and the patience to wait behind Joe, the trading of Montana really hurt. Joe wasn't done (he took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game!) and there's a big part of me that thinks he could've brought at least one or two more titles that Young didn't get. The Niners were in the NFC Championship game in 92, 93 and 94 with a home game in 92 and they went 1-2 against the Cowboys. Maybe that's most painful not worst.

The Plunkett and OJ trades were horrible.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

As a Bengals fan, there's not enough time or bandwidth.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted