1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Junior HockeyGold Medal Game: Congrats to the USA. One helluva game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 24, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, I go on to the WJC site for next year's tourney in Buffalo...just thinkin' of tickets.

http://www.buffaloworldjuniors.com/tickets.asp

Three packages:

Gold at $1240 which gets you into all 31 games of the tournament (!) and lower bowl seats at HSBC

Silver at $833 for all 17 games at HSBC including medal rounds. Seats in the lower bowl.

Bronze: As in silver but upper bowl seats. $493.

Full payment due now or 50% now and balance on Feb 1 2010.

And no single game sales available. They'll wait to see how the packages sell.

Guess HC & I won't be going

As big of a hockey fan as I am, watching Latvia play Norway (they're back next year) doesn't excite me.

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Latvia was relegated. Not in the 2011 tourney in Buffalo.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Damn. :)

You going?

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Doubt it. Too much going on during that time.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Side note on the chant/song: It was not Canada-specific, but rather a workout thing from when many of those kids were much younger and working out with the USNDT in Ann Arbor.

One of the guys apparently told the rest they were bringing it back if they won, so they did.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

We have to remember these guys are still kids. As a Canadian I have no problem with this, they were the best team in the tourney and deserved to win. Let them enjoy it.

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

LIES!

;)

Draft saved Draft deleted