1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Workout music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dignan, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Dignan

Dignan Guest

My iPod workout playlist is getting a little stale. Looking for some kick-ass, high-intensity songs to listen to when I'm at the gym. Any suggestions?

2. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Jay-Z gets me through my time on the treadmill ever day. Can't go wrong with Hova.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Old Metallica, Godsmack (especially their first three albums), Judas Priest. Anything that gets you pissed off and get the adrenaline flowing.

4. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Ravel's "Bolero." Same as for sex.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I prefer Rage Against the Machine, at least I did the last time I worked out 2 years ago.

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

"Let's Get Physical" :p

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Find out what pro hockey teams use when they come out for warmups and to get focused on the game ahead. It's always interesting to find out what music makes certain teams tick.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Use any or all of these songs

Bruce Springsteen: No Surrender, Bruce Springsteen: Prove It All Night (must be a live 1978 version with the full lead-in), Badlands

Old 97s: Timebomb, House That Used To Be, Big Brown Eyes, Four Leaf Clover, Harold's Super Service, Friends Forever, Am I Too Late

CCR: Any songs off Chronicle Vols. 1 and 2

Refreshments: Girly, Banditos, Down Together, Tributary Otis, Heaven or the Highway Out of Town, Fonder & Blonder, Preacher's Daughter

Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers: Beautiful Disaster, Tow Chain, Buffalo, Sonoran Hope& Madness, Americano, Counterclockwise, I Don't Need Another Thrill, God Gave Me a Gun, Little Hungover You, Hello New Day, Lemons, World Ain't Gone Crazy

Waco Brothers: Nothing At All, Fox River, Join the Club, How Fast the Time, See Willie Fly By, Waco Express, Take Me To the Fires, Do What I Say, Blink of an Eye, Missing Link (for some reason Amazon.com is listing the name of this one as "It's Amazing" on their Freedom & Weep disc)

9. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

what about "born to run?" thanks ... i'll be here for the next 15 minutes.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

flyleaf, 30 seconds to mars, breaking ben, staind (older stuff), darking new day, sevendust, three days grace, trapt

All good and keeps you going through your workout

11. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Good stuff. I've got plenty of Jay-Z on my workout mix. I've also got plenty of Fatboy Slim and Dan the Automator.

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted