1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

workinsports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bwright, Mar 17, 2010.

1. bwright

bwright Member

Has anyone used the workinsports.com board?

Normally, the price is an outrageous $35/month but they're running a special- one month for $10.

Just trying to decide if it's worth the ten bones.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Some decent stuff on it, worth 10 bucks.

3. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

Thanks for asking, bwright. I signed up for "one week at $9.95," and next thing I knew they were charging me $34.95 a month for something I must have signed up for in my sleep. I read the fineprint and swear nothing like this was addressed. A few months later, I'm confident some poor soul at workinsports.com still has an infected ear after I filled it with F-bombs. They reimbursed me two months of payments, which didn't cover my trouble, but at least now I'm free of them.

I'll now prepare myself for the expected "stupid you" comment, two or more, which is fine. Just please take into consideration what I'm writing here: Be careful. I wouldn't recommend it. It ain't that good. I didn't get one feeler out of this site.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

When I did a trial, it made it very clear that cancellation was upon me. You must have been the catalyst for that.

I found it to be a decent mix of jobs from all over the sports world. Not your one and only resource. Like I said, worth 10 bucks.

5. bwright

bwright Member

Yeah, it was very clear in the e-mail that I would be "automatically renewed" at the end of one month. It was not, however, clear that it would be at the regular rate, though I assumed it would be.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Definitely worth $10. And you can adjust the settings to where you're not charged at the end of what you're paid for.

7. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

How do you get one month for $10? I see one week for $10 and one month for $30 but not the special the OP mentioned. Any trick to this?

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

My guess is the special would be over.

9. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. But I tried it on the 19th and didn't see anything, so I thought I might be missing it. If it's over, so be it.

10. bwright

bwright Member

Try this, squid:

https://www.workinsports.com/promo/madness10.asp?

11. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Awesome. Much thanks.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Sorry to bump this back up, but how does the payment work? I received an e-mail regarding the special but am really unaware on how to cancel after a month (assuming it doesn't help me get employment). Any help is appreciated.

Draft saved Draft deleted