1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Working for the Woldwide Leader

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Totally Krossed Out, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Anybody have experiences working for ESPN?

2. More specific. Is it a good environment to work? The mag or the Web site? Pay well? How intrusive is upper management?

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

They're right up in your face on spelling and copyediting.

4. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

A friend of mine works for the .com. says pay is better than anything he ever got during his brief newspaper career and the work environment is much like any newsroom. He also loves how the internet can save your ass if you make a mistake, meaning he can fix something right away instead of having it live for eternity in that day's paper.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Has anybody heard an insider's account of ESPN being published. I'm surprised there hasn't been a tell-all out of Bristol by now. Or do they have one of those CIA-type deals where you can never disclose what you see and hear when you work there?

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Why in the wold do you ask?

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Why would they publish?
    Too costly. Too much overhead. Wouldn't even be an option.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

ESPN: The Uncensored History is out in bookstores right now. Decent read, also shows that Mike Tirico has a chemical imbalance of some sort.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Short people got no reason...

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That song always reminds me of The Frustrators' (Mike Dirnt from Green Day's side project) song, "The Great Australian Midget Toss." It was played during a Lakers game once. Only once.

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Definitely need more info here, but I've known a few people who worked for the .com (not as writers) and it definitely isn't for everybody.

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

the free trees are great.

Draft saved Draft deleted