1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woody should be glad Doyel isn't his editor ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There's just no reason for it. Doyel may be the only writer who gets more beligerent as he gets older. If he was 25, you might write it off as being young and dumb and not knowing any better, but my god... There's just no place for that.

2. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

Douchebags tend to wear unnecessary hats/beanies/skullcaps and act like tough guys on their blogs. (BLOGS!)

In fact, anyone who calls out another media members about the quality of their writing on their blogs needs to move back into their mother's basement because they're a loser.

"Um, I'm an authority on my particular sports topic because I blog about it. Ehhh!!! Your lede sucks, Paige!!! Take that Battlestar Galactica foes!!!"

But really, I'm not surprised. The dude's name is Gregg Doyel. Gregg with two Gs. He works for CBSSports.com (Hi, I'm irrelevant unless my name is Gary Parrish or Dennis Dodd. I don't read anyone else on that site.)

His blog on CBSSports.com sucks, otherwise he'd find something better to blog about.

And I'm not a fan of Woody Paige, but Gregg Doyel - DA, NERD ALERT - needs to get a cup of grow-the-hell-up. He just looks like a whiney and bitter baby.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm more fascinated by the little NBA knit cap Doyel appears to be wearing in his tiny blog picture.

If I wanted to draw someone psychotically insecure but desperately hoping no one knows (we do), I would draw the guy with an NBA knit cap.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's it Quagmire. You done gone and done it now. You're on his list. Prepare to be hunted down and brow beaten.

5. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

If he really wants to punish me, make me have to read his blog.

I don't see Doyel being able to beat anyone with that brow. He's hiding it under his knit NBA cap.

"Yeah, I LOVE the NBA!!! Plus, I'm a badass!!!"

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That's what he does. Like the fuckstick from Chicago.

He's Maridiotti.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

what. a. dick.

period.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Wow. Doyel's sure not going to be in a very good mood after reading this thread.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Woody's been my friend for many years. Never met Doyel. I have been told by others that he's an OK guy.
    You can't tell that from this piece. It's one thing to rip a competitor in a newspaper feud. For a CBS Sports guy to go looking for columns to rip is stupid.
    It's also not smart for CBS Television. They have a prime time schedule to promote, and if television critics start to join the fun, there could be collateral damage.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Glass houses. Stone-throwers.
    Guess Doyel had better be sure his body of work includes zero clunkers.

11. AD

AD Active Member

doyel's act is getting weirder by the month. reminds me of dennis rodman -- shotgun in the car -- before he blossomed into a cross-dressing look-at-me. something about his trajectory...i don't know. i can't see it ending well.

12. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Man, that's just weak. There's no way this is even close to the worst column to come out of Super Bowl week. Like Mizzou, I'm wondering why this guy seems to be turning into more of a bully as he gets older. The guy has some serious growing up to do. He's got to be at least in his mid-30s, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted