1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Wonder Years" is on Netflix streaming!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that the rights fees aren't what they would be on DVD.

Still wish it was on DVD so I could watch it on the treadmill, but regardless, this is terrific news.

Oh, happy day.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I started to watch TWY on late-night reruns over the last few months on the HUB channel, because the Kevin Arnold character is about my age (2 years older) but as I watch the show more and more I realize just about everybody in the show is annoying.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Since it's subscription service and not network, is it re-edited to show Winnie nekkid?

4. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

I had the biggest crush on Winnie Cooper. Danica McKellar is hotter still. Math never looked so good. If I would've had a math teacher like that...

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

They had to cover the Joe Cocker cover for the opening song. I'm guessing because the rights to the song didn't cover webstreaming. I don't know if they got a cement mixer or just a guy who sounds like Joe Cocker to do it, but it's a horrendous cover nonetheless.

6. Starman

The Joe Cocker version was lame anyway. And it's not like it was ever a huge hit among Kevin's age group (maybe his older sister's, but Kevin was like 11 when it came out).

They should have used a different song every year as the theme song.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've pretty much watched the entire series on The Hub since they started running it last fall.

I don't know how I missed it in the first run, but Kevin was kind of a jerk in the last year. In some episodes a complete asshole.

8. Starman

Kevin became more and more a tool as the seasons wore on. (And he had been a pretty whiny kid in the first place.)

Funny thing was, by the end of the series Kevin was at least 4 inches and probably 40 pounds bigger than Wayne. I certainly hope at some time he laid a beatdown for the ages on the dipshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted