1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's Final Four thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

After watching the first game it would appear Baylor and Stanford should have been placed on opposite sides of the bracket. They're both better than ND or UConn.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Probably, but wouldn't be surprised if the committee was hoping for a fourth Notre Dame-Connecticut matchup plus see if Stanford could take a shot at Baylor.

Committees don't always get 1-4 and 2-3 matchups in these brackets, no matter what they're expected to do.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Shot clock super on the low bloc ... annoying! Did the WWL forget it's also in the scoreboard super?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Catching glimpses since it's here. Had lunch with a former co-worker who now works for the mothership and is here for the tournament.

One thing (OK, the biggest thing) I hate about the women's college game: No 10-second backcourt rule. Ridiculous.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Actually, Sonja Hogg was the head coach at Louisiana Tech when Mulkey played there (I looked for a photo of Mulkey in a Hammond High School uniform but couldn't find one). Leon was her assistant and, later, co-head coach, before taking over the program. Coincidentally, Hogg later came out of retirement to coach at ... Baylor.

6. Sam Mills 51

D'oh ... whoops. Forgot about Hogg. Need a little sharpening up on Ruston history here ...

7. Johnny Dangerously

Let's get together at Johnny's Pizza and compare notes.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I agree with this. It's also at the high school level here, and if anything, it turns the ends of some games into Hack-A-Shaq contests, since a lot of teams at the level I cover the most (D-II) can't hit free throws consistently.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thirded. I could understand it when women first went to 5-on-5, and see the need for it in high school, but the talent from the college level up is strong enough where having it would improve the game.

10. Sam Mills 51

As long as you know the good items on the menu from the minefields ...

11. Johnny Dangerously

Do I look like a rookie??

12. Sam Mills 51

That depends. Does saying otherwise imply that I'm calling you old? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted