1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's Final Four thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I really think that Doris Burke has been outstanding tonight. In events like this, I think there is a temptation to just sell the sport. You see it all the time. But she's been a consummate pro. Critical when she needs to be. Way more than a lot of the clowns who kiss everyone's ass on men's broadcasts.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Doris Burke is excellent, period. Men's games or women's games. She has richly earned her credibility. She'll help the women's game, but do so without being over-the-top about it.

And Holly Rowe is trying to bat away a recorder from another media member. Someone from print media? Can anyone confirm?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Somebody definitely had a recorder in the shot when she was interviewing the ND coach.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You know what the best way to sell the sport is? I'm sure you'll agree with this.

You treat it like a sport, not a cause. You criticize. You analyze. That makes me want to watch.

5. Sam Mills 51

For the mountains of crap ESPN takes - deservedly so in many cases - they handle the NCAA women's tournament quite well. If only this meant even more stories from Mechelle Voepel, one of the truly excellent writers. If you like Doris Burke as a color person, you would probably like Voepel.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Apparently Nike is dressing coaches now...

7. Sam Mills 51

Nah ... that's almost tame by Kim Mulkey standards ...

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Sam Mills 51

Heh heh, JD ... but that's the school's and Leon Barmore's call.

Think she reaches for that uni when she runs out of Nike gear for practice?

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mulkey needs to tell the Griner girl that her balls are hanging out.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

How many time outs would have been called in the closing seconds of regulation in the first game, had it been a men's game?

Baylor-Stanford I've actually been looking forward to ... old guard vs. new guard.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Drink dick, Geno.

Draft saved Draft deleted