1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's Final Four thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Summitt has the respect and attention of her players - always.
    She uses the scare factor, along with simple respect for themselves and for her and the staff.
    So few women's coaches can say that.
    That staff rules.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

She's been saying for weeks that she was coming back. On the record. To several papers. She admitted this week to getting really annoyed with the question, because she's answered it so many times.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Anyone know anything about this silver-haired woman in the forefront of this photo?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/photo?slug=c85aca7b11a4464ebf16fbe9289a52ac.final_four_rutgers_basketball_cda105&prov=ap

She was a trophy-presenter on the podium a minute ago when UT won the title.
    She is Judy Souithard, the chair of the Women's Tourney selection group.
    She also is a senior AD at LSU.
    I am not certain, but I think she's a lesbian. (Wait. Stay with me on this)
    The link below shows an AP story about LSU coach Chatman's resignation.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKW_T25_LSU_CHATMAN?SITE=TNNAT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Any chance that, if Southard is gay, she might show extra considerations when dealing with lack of info disseminated about the circumstances of the resignation?

4. Congrats to the Vols.

They played a damn good game tonight. They shot well, got offensive rebounds, and took advantage of second-chance points. They did everything right so they deserved to win it.

They earned this championship.

It just wasn't Rutgers night.

I was surprised to see how bad Rutgers played. I thought they would do a good job. It just wasn't meant to be.

Still, a good run for the Scarlet Knights. They will be back next year. They did well for a team that was building for next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted