1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's Final Four thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 1, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

This thread will not end well. but it will end.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Sorry if I took "Lot of lesbians are happy with the outcome" as less than a substantive contribution, boots. The extrapolation and thought processes are obvious to me now after a second look.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I realize that some idiots may think that whether a player likes guys or women has something to do with basketball, but that's their problem. I realize the off-court stories. Why not start a thread about that and leave this one for the Final Four?

Here's an idea: Let's talk about the basketball.

The Tar Heels would be up by 10 if they didn't miss so many easy baskets in the first half. Obviously Parker and Latta will come out hyped up in the second half. Hopefully both teams will start shooting better.

4. boots

boots New Member

Who really cares? That may hurt your feelings but quick, tell me who won last year's women's championship tournament. And for bonus points, who was the MVP?
    It's like who was the runner up in last year's ment's tourney. no one cares.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

You know, boots, you could just not click on the threads you don't care about.

6. Johnny Dangerously

If you don't care, boots, why are you on this thread?

My theory is looking better with each post of yours.

7. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Maryland rallied past Duke last year for the title. Believe it or not, just because you don't care doesn't mean noone cares, but leave it to you to make such sweeping generalizations.

8. boots

boots New Member

And that's my point JD. I know life isn't fair but neither is the double standard that goes on the board. I had a thread closed because a few yahoos didn't like it, right? They had the same option that you just gave me of going to another thread. They chose not to.
    I'm just pointing out the double standard. Not to pick a fight that I will not win.

9. Johnny Dangerously

I never said the thread was locked because a few yahoos didn't like it.

10. boots

boots New Member

We will agree to disagree on those not liking it and the double standard.
    Now, back to basketball, for personal reasons, I'd like to see Rutgers go all the way. I don't think that will happen.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Carolina's depth is starting to wear down Tennessee. Anytime Latta finds the outside range, they're in good shape because she's going to fling it up whether she's hitting or not.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This may be remembered as the year UNC had the Lady Vols down but just couldn't finish the job.

Draft saved Draft deleted