1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women going back to school

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

New York Times doing another of one of those pieces that take a few anecdotes and tries to generalize it as a trend. This time, it's women not entering the workforce and going back to school, instead.

I don't know if this is sad or not, but a masters degree won't help you get a dream job if you don't have the connections. I checked out her LinkedIn page and it shows plenty of experience in communications. It seems universities are scamming students into thinking a master's in communications helps.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/29/business/young-women-go-back-to-school-instead-of-work.html?_r=1&scp=5&sq=student%20loan&st=cse

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of it can be traced to the extreme disparity in minority communities, where a young male in some places is more likely to be headed to jail than to college.

Draft saved Draft deleted