1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women and tattoos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I was out during the lunch hour in a great American city today, enjoying some lovely spring weather and the scenery. Waiting to cross a street, I glanced to my left at an attractive young woman. Mid 20s, petite, nice hair, pretty face, stylishly dressed. Lovely.

Then I noticed her right arm had this gigantic tattoo was snaking out of her sleeve down to almost her elbow. Who knows how big and ugly the covered part was.

For the love of God, ladies, don't do stuff like this. Maybe -- and I said maybe -- you can get away with that tiny butterfly on your ankle that you thought was so cute in your sophomore year at college. But why would an attractive woman essentially scar herself with some big, ugly, glow-in-the-dark "body art" that isn't even concealed by a short sleeve? Ugh.

Tattoos don't show you're tough or daring. They just show that you were realy drunk once and very vulnerable to peer pressure.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'll take her.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

How dumb are you?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Maybe he's just vulnerable to the "no tattoos" peer pressure.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

6. Flash

Flash Guest

These threads never end well, said the two-tattooed girl, who is planning on getting a third.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Tramp stamp?

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Some women can pull off visible tattoos. Some can't. I never had a hankering for the ink (I much rather prefer piercings) but of the people I know with tattoos, there's a reason for them, and it's not because they were drunk and impressionable.

9. gretchd

gretchd Member

Wow, good to know that a decision made very seriously and after much contemplation (and as a nod to my deceased mother) was really just drunken vulnerability to peer pressure.

You really ought to stop talking on the subject.

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Like the whole nose ring thing that someone on here argued against passionately, it might be a generational thing. It's their body, their happiness, let 'em do with it whatever the hell they want.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Nope. Not sure where yet.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Yeah, the only greater and more meaningful tribute to a loved one is initials magic markered on a sneaker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.