1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman sparks controvery over photo at Arlington National Cemetery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Nov 20, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

By the same token, losing a job is not logically the ruination of one's life. She can get another job. Probably this will become easier because she will find a sympathetic person who thinks she has been treated too harshly.

There's a disconnect here a little bit. I haven't expended any energy on this -- any energy that wouldn't otherwise be spent on the politics or NFL threads, that is. I haven't clicked on the Facebook page and I wouldn't care to do so. I have no dog in the fight. I am just laughing at it, but yes, the active campaigners against her are also somewhat creepy.

I'd say that's probably what people feel like on this board. Not that they care a whole lot. Just that they laugh.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Why do we give a flying fuck about anything? I am going to roundly guess that there are 10,000 threads in SportsJournalists.com Sports and News alone, and probably 99.6% of them are about as useless as this one. It'd take someone with more advanced education in psychology than I to determine why you and I are discussing/arguing this.

I'm not on facebook calling for this chick's job, but I do have some sense of satisfaction seeing this chick get shitcanned for this. I've told my kids a thousand times that actions have consequences. Here's a real-world example.

3. poindexter

Why do we expend energy on any thread?

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't know. But this one seems particularly stupid.

5. poindexter

Look closer. They're all pretty much stupid.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This is not even in the top 1,000 of particularly stupid things people have expended energy on this week.

7. poindexter

These pics are awesome.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Checking my energy level to see if I want to expend any on this thread. Will let you know.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

But what makes this one worth all this discussion?

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Creosote, your pictures are the best thing on this board.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think if you have enough energy to jog a mile in circles, then you have the energy for this thread. Now, if you unlock an achievement, you can get power-ups.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted