1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman killed after responding to Craigslist ad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl2, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They can't.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Neither can a newspaper.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

There is no death penalty in the state of Minnesota.

Spup, please extend my condolences to your friend.

4. Sly

Sly Active Member

Yeah, but at least taking out a newspaper ad isn't as instantaneous or free as Craigslist. You might also have to talk to ad sales, who might be able to tell if something is up.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How would they know something is up?

Someone puts an ad in the paper for a babysitter, it's not like the classified department is gonna send a SWAT team over to check if it's legit.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think hockeybeat is just riffing on parallels not being drawn to misbehavior on myspace and facebook.

This is just sick. I am against the death penalty, but I wouldn't mind twisting this guy's neck about 720 degrees.

7. Googlaw

Googlaw Member

As someone who was hoping to use Craigslist to find an apartment, I'm not terrified.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I found my house, which I'm sharing with someone I never met before I met with them to rent the place, through Craigslist.

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

For all of you who said to send prayers to my friend, I just got an e-mail from her. Here's an excerpt I thought you all might appreciate:

11. They thought it would be funny.

What kind of sick ... usually these stories don't affect me. This one makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

I guess there will always be lunatics in this world and we have to get used to it. It sucks. RIP.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm not riffing on anything. I'm genuinely curious.

And these sick fucks are the reason the death penalty is around.

Draft saved Draft deleted