1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman: I marry you for health insurance

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by fishhack2009, Feb 2, 2010.

1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Heterosexuals have done more to assault the sanctity of marriage than any gay couple.

Just sayin'.. :)

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Most businesses are known for their tendencies to welcome customers who will cost them lots of money with open arms.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Maybe, just maybe, in matters of life and death, the customary business model shouldn't apply. But, hey, when has capitalism ever failed us?

4. RickStain

Absolutely. That's why we don't have a free-market army or police department either.

But until that day, half-measures aren't the answer.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Ah yes, the all-or-nothing school of thinking. Because if you can't have everything, you're better off with nothing.

Half-measures may not be the ideal, but if stopping the exclusion of those with pre-existing conditions is a half-measure, then I'd be willing to settle for it.

6. RickStain

It's not "all or nothing." It's respecting the law of unintended consequences.

You'd cause more problems than you'd solve by forcing insurance companies to cover anyone. Health care premiums for everyone would go up by hundreds of percent. You'd end up with many more people uncovered than you have now.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is about as pathetic as the couple from the Midwest who were on Deal or No Deal. Howie asks the wife this is life-changing money, what would you do with that money. She said she and her husband were hoping to buy health insurance so they could start a family. I forget what they ended up with - but I just found people going on game shows so they could win enough money to pay for health insurance incredibly sad.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Almost as sad as having to interact with Howie Mandel.

9. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Zing!!! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted