1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman branded as 'snitch'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jun 23, 2007.

1. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

I certainly don't endorse violence, but much of the anti-snitching movement has grown out of the drug war that targets minority communities with draconian mandatory minimum sentences.

Again, murder, rape, etc. is another story... But snitches are the bread and butter of the drug "task forces" that are destroying minority communities, so it's no surprise that some people are finally standing up and saying enough is enough.

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

Task forces are destroying communities? Maybe poor personal choices and an inability to take responsibility are having a bigger effect.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

<i>But snitches are the bread and butter of the drug "task forces" that are destroying minority communities, so it's no surprise that some people are finally standing up and saying enough is enough.</i>

Aren't drug <u>dealers</u> doing more to destroy minority communities? In some places, old people can't sit on their porches out of fear that bullets will soon start flying because some idiots are having a turf war.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ahem.

<------------ This guy says that the code against snitching has been around a lot longer than a silly drug war.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Buck should have put a cap in someone's ass!

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Okay.

Snitching = good.

Branding = really bad.

Smoking meth with kids = bad.

Removing kids from the home = probably a good move. Obviously because of the drugs, but who knows if these kids will retaliate on the kids too.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

On one side, you've got cops.

On the other side, you've got the people who smoked meth with kids and then branded a woman for reporting them to the police.

I have a healthy distrust for the cops, and I definitely don't believe in the drug war, but it shouldn't be hard to decide who's side one should be on here.

HINT: It's NOT the one with the folks who branded the innocent woman.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

[carmelo]Damn straight. No snitchin'[/carmelo]

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Snitches ain't shit but hos and tricks. Just sayin'

10. chazp

chazp Active Member

The drug dealers should have to pay for the plastic surgery to restore her face and then get life without parole. The article said they've been charged with kidnapping, should be automatic life. That might make a few drug pushers think about getting revenge on snitches.

Draft saved Draft deleted