1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WOLVERINES!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jan 25, 2007.

1. The Q Man

The Q Man Member

I actually got to use that line in a colum this year after a very angry reaction to Illinois' move from two classes to four classes in most high-school sports.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I laughed out loud when I read this.

LONG LIVE RADIO FREE USA!!!

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

America is a whorehouse... where the revolutionary ideals of your forefathers... are corrupted and sold in alleys by vendors of capitalism...

4. John

John Well-Known Member

That is outstanding work. Simply outstanding.

5. Norman Stansfield

Once again, awesome!

I add:

It would seem necessary to win the support of the people. As our opponents used to say in Vietnam: "Win their hearts and minds."

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I think I read somewhere that scene was deleted because there was a mass shooting at a McDonald's shortly before the film was released.

7. Killick

Hilarious (not the McDonald's thing, obviously. the love we show this movie). And all credit on the 'john has a long mustache' line goes to Hoops McCann in the other thread.

8. Norman Stansfield

Cool. Now go get me a beer.

;D

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

From imdb ...

The original trailer that comes on the laserdisc shows a scene with a tank rolling up to a McDonald's restaurant where enemy soldiers are eating. This scene does not appear in the final cut, and may have been removed due to a mass murder at a San Ysidro, CA McDonald's just weeks prior to the film's opening.

Red Dawn was so pathetic, yet I ate it up at the time. The "john has a long mustache" line is stolen directly from The Longest Day. The Russian colonel who comes in at the end is Col. Strelnikov, ripped directly from Doctor Zhivago. The movie they're showing in the re-education camp is Alexander Nevsky.

10. Killick

11. Norman Stansfield

Well played, Newb. :p

You'll do well here.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Strelnikov: If a fox stole your chickens... Would you slaughter your pig because he saw the fox? No. You would hunt the fox... You would find where it lives and destroy it! And how do we do this? Become a fox.

Col. Andy Tanner: You think you're tough for eating beans every day? There's half a million scarecrows in Denver who'd give anything for one mouthful of what you got. They've been under siege for about three months. They live on rats and sawdust bread and sometimes... on each other. At night, the pyres for the dead light up the sky. It's medieval.

Jed Eckert: ...Well, who is on our side?
    Col. Andy Tanner: Six hundred million screaming Chinamen.
    Darryl Bates: Last I heard, there were a billion screaming Chinamen.
    Col. Andy Tanner: There were.

Draft saved Draft deleted