1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WOLVERINES! A "Red Dawn" remake may be in the works

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, May 19, 2008.

1. Frylock

Frylock Member

I'm not so sure what would happen with the gangs, but I'm pretty sure that an invasion would not include more than limited strategic nuclear strikes.
    Razing all major cities would defeat the purpose of an invasion, land and power. Melting down the U.S. would change the world power structure, but resources would be gone and the land uninhabitable.
    Would the gangs fight? Some. Others would flee and try to wait out the conflict. Others would probably try to capitalize on the situation in some way.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I cannot believe we're having a serious discussion on the plot of Red Dawn: The Remake.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This warrants a serious discussion. Just think about how this could all play out!

Soviet Union suffers worst wheat harvest in 55 years... Labor and food riots in Poland... Soviet troops invade... Cuba and Nicaragua reach troop strength goals of 500,000... El Salvador and Honduras fall... Greens Party gains control of West German parliament. Demands withdrawal of nuclear weapons from European soil... Mexico plunged into revolution... NATO dissolves.

United States stands alone.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

BYH hates America.
    In the original Red Dawn, the Russians took out key communications centers with limited nuclear strikes.
    I also imagine that a collective effort here, would probably cobble together something better than what ends up getting filmed. A team of untrained monkeys could probably end up with something better as well.
    Anyway, I believe GBNF just got a screen play done. So some qualified types are floating around here.
    Do you make it a shot for shot remake? A mid 80s piece or updated for modern times?
    This has some potential.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't bring my politics into this, Jay! :D

I think a Red Dawn remake is awesome, in an awful way. But it doesn't matter what the plot is. The movie will reek of titanic fail regardless. A plot is non-essential.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jay, if they're smart, they do a shot-for-shot remake.

But I fear they'll do so with the entire cast of "High School Musical" as the Wolverines.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A musical version of Red Dawn would be the single greatest thing ever.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I cannot believe we're having a serious discussion on what gangs would do in a Red Dawn scenario.

Here's a good summation of our expertise on the topic, and I include myself in the indictment ...

Conceivably the most inane topic ever discussed on SJ ... but entertaining nonetheless. The 14-year-old in me is hanging on every word.

Red Dawn remake? Cripes. Can Roadhouse be far behind?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

holy shit. That'd be fucking unreal.

As long as Gorky Park writes all the songs (hi bubbler!).

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Perhaps in the modern version, the insurgent WOLVERINES! can not only be fighting against the occupying forces, but also engaging in sectarian violence against a rival high school guerilla group. They could be called the BUCKEYES!

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Get your tickets now for the feel-good event of the season. It's Red Dawn On Ice, coming this weekend to the Bumfuck Civic Center.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe they could make the remake a cross between Red Dawn & Canadian Bacon.

Draft saved Draft deleted